Issuance No: P11
Issuance Date: December 03, 2019
Subject: Training Expenditure Rates and Criteria Policy Adult/DW
Training Services will be available to adult and dislocated workers who:
A one-stop operator/partner determines, after an interview, evaluation, or assessment, and career planning, are:
- Unlikely or unable to obtain or retain employment that leads to economic self-sufficiency or wages comparable to or higher than wages from previous employment through career services; and
- In need of training services to obtain or retain employment leading to economic self-sufficiency or wages comparable to or higher than wages from previous employment; and
- Have the skills and qualifications to participate successfully in training services; and
- Have selected a program of training services that is directly linked to the employment opportunities in the local area or the planning region, or in another area to which the individuals are willing to commute or relocate; and
- Are unable to obtain grant assistance from other sources to pay the costs of such training, including such sources as State-funded training funds, Trade Adjustment Assistance, and Federal Pell Grants established under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, or require WIOA assistance in addition to other sources of grant assistance, including Federal Pell Grants.
All of these training eligibility requirements for training services must be met and documented. Staff may document these requirements in Case Notes in OWD’s statewide electronic case management system.
NW Workforce Development Board expenditure requirement for the WIOA Title I Adult, Dislocated Worker, and Youth subcontractors is 80% of the new year PY and/or FY sub-regional allocations.