Reporting Structure: Reports to the Workforce Development Board Director
Position Summary: Responsible for providing services to regional businesses and industries (including on-the-job training program), as well as establishing and maintaining activities to develop, locate, and secure job openings for regional job seekers.
- Market/promote Career Center services and programs by meeting with businesses/employers and other organizations including increasing business participation in Department of Economic Development’s Labor Exchange system.
- Initiate significant public relations activities necessary to promote and explain the use of workforce system services to community groups, business groups, union officials, industrial groups, and planning committees to inform them of services and programs available through Missouri’s Career Center system. Coordinate the regional marketing efforts, including oversight of the WDB website.
- Lead the regional business/employer marketing/outreach team for purpose of coordinating a streamlined business contact system that supports the mission of the Northwest WDB and Missouri Career Centers; coordinate services with state Business Representatives, WDB staff and WIOA sub-contractors.
- Provide on-going feedback regarding local business needs to all Missouri Career Centers in assigned region.
- Promote and develop WIOA on-the-job training program opportunities with employers and write (or assist in writing) contracts.
- Serve as the Rapid Response Coordinator for the Northwest Region by facilitating communications between the State Division of Workforce Development and the implementers of the WIOA Dislocated Worker programs.
- Develop relationships with prospective employers and obtain commitments to hire job-seekers; seek job shadow, internship and volunteer opportunities as a step to employment.
- Create and maintain electronic records of contacts and outcomes with employers.
- Make presentations at Workforce Development Board meetings as requested.
- Support the NW WDB Equal Opportunity (EO) Officer as needed.
- Perform other related work as assigned.
Other Requirements: Must have a good driving record and proof of liability insurance.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred; Associate’s degree considered.
Experience: Combination of education and work experience; knowledge of regional business community; previous experience as a business services professional and/or job developer is preferred.
Skills: Proficient in MS Office products; Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook. Proven effective verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
Certificates and Licenses: National Career Readiness Certificate preferred; this certificate may be obtained at no cost through the Missouri Career Centers.
Physical Demands: Driving up to five days per week and three hours one way, to reach a destination with some longer and overnight trips for meetings- 50%; sitting for long periods of time in a car or at a desk and operating a computer up to 8 hours a day-75%; moving about between buildings on the NCMC campus; ascending and descending stairs-35%.
Environmental Demands: Frequent fluctuations between moving indoors and outdoors on tile, carpet, concrete, or blacktop with uneven surfaces; weather fluctuations.