Reporting Structure: Reports to the President of NCMC
Position Summary: Manage daily operations in the WDB office with regard to programs and financials while ensuring compliance with state and federal laws governing these programs.
- Serve as Liaison between the Workforce Development Board, the state, chief elected officials (CEO’s), and North Central Missouri College.
- Provide personnel support utilizing the NCMC Director of Human Resources as a liaison.
- Provide general oversight to the Northwest One Stop System.
- Facilitate the contract selection and oversight of the Northwest Region individuals who implement for WDB.
- Ensure final resolution of programmatic/fiscal findings.
- Coordinate WDB and CEO agenda and meetings.
- Develop and manage budgets.
- Ensure contents of WDB Business Meeting packet supports informed decision-making.
- Provide insight to the NCMC Vice President of Administrative Services regarding questions and issues pertaining to booking financials.
- Perform local-level Equal Opportunity (EO) Officer duties as prescribed by Missouri Division of Workforce Development.
- Manage implementation of regulations and State WDB directives.
- Attend training and meetings to meet goals of the Northwest Region CEO’s and WDB’s.
Education: Bachelor’s degree and/or multiple years’ experience which must include a combination of managing personnel in state related programs.
Experience: Budget development and financial reporting.
Skills: Must be forward thinking and possess the ability to support a vision by strategically working with many different types of groups and formulate consensus from many expressed viewpoints. Proficient in MS Office. Good organizational and communication skills, ability to manage personnel, and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
Certificates and Licenses: N/A
Physical Demands: Moving about between buildings on the NCMC campus-35%; driving and traveling in a car from one location to another-50%; ascending and descending stairs-15%; reaching, pulling, and pushing-25%; able to do repetitive tasks-45%; sit at a desk for extended periods of time while typing and answering phones -35%;
Environmental Demands: fluctuations while walking on tile and carpeted floors in a heated and air conditioned environment; driving in weather conditions involving snow and rain.
The NW WDB is an equal opportunity employer with equal opportunity programs. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. I have read this job description. I understand Human Resources has reviewed it to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate due to business necessity. I am able to perform and agree to comply with these requests.