Reporting Structure: Reports to the Executive Director of the NW WDB/NCMC
Position Summary: The Equal Opportunity Officer is responsible for coordinating obligations under 29 CFR Part 37 Nondiscrimination and Equal Opportunity Provisions of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act of 2014 (WIOA) as well as state and federal laws governing Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action and Nondiscrimination.
- Serve as the recipient’s liaison with State WIA/WIOA EO Officer;
- Attend all quarterly DWD Equal Opportunity meetings and any other training offered by DWD;
- Train local staff on equal opportunity topics and issues; report such training to DWD and DOL as required;
- Monitor and investigate activities of entities that receive WIA/WIOA Title I financial assistance from the NW WDB to make sure that the recipient and its sub-recipients are not violating their nondiscrimination and equal opportunity obligations under WIA/WIOA Title I and 29 CFR Part 37;
- Conduct equal opportunity data analysis for all activities in the American Job Center including but not limited to sub-recipients of WIA/WIOA Section 188 such as: Wagner-Peyser; TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families); TAA (Trade Adjustment Assistance); SPYC (Summer Parks Youth Corps)/Summer Youth Programs; OJT; work experience/Internships; apprenticeships; and eligible training providers;
- Assist in resolving discrimination complaints and assessing corrective actions and sanctions, when appropriate. Investigating and resolving program complaints;
- Attend training to maintain competency; and
- Oversee the development and implementation of the recipient’s Methods of Administration under 29 CFR § 37.54.
Education: Associate’s degree and/or multiple years’ experience which must include a combination of training, data analysis, and regulatory compliance
Experience: Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action and Nondiscrimination program administration/training
Skills: Must possess the ability to work with many different types of groups; must be proficient in MS Office. Good organizational and communication skills and the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
Certificates and Licenses: N/A
Physical Demands: Moving about between buildings on the NCMC campus-35%; driving and traveling in a car from one location to another-50%; ascending and descending stairs-15%; reaching, pulling, and pushing-25%; able to do repetitive tasks-45%; sit at a desk for extended periods of time while typing and answering phones -35%
Environmental Demands: Fluctuations while walking on tile and carpeted floors in a heated and air conditioned environment; driving in weather conditions involving snow and rain
I have read this job description. I understand Human Resources has reviewed it to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate due to business necessity. I am able to perform and agree to comply with these requests.