Reporting Structure: Reports to the Director of the Workforce Development Board
Position Summary: Provide support to the Workforce Development Board Office and perform daily financial operations as directed by position and business necessity.
- Perform functions associated with the accounting, budgeting, and cash management of all WDB funds in conjunction with the NCMC Business Office.
- Provide oversight and management of procurement procedures.
- Maintain oversight of inventory and property records.
- Assist NCMC Human Resources with employee on-boarding and terminations.
- Submit employee timesheets and new hire information to NCMC payroll dept. Distribute paychecks.
- Facilitate the resolution of audits, reviews, incident reports, and other findings.
- Assist in the preparation and conduct of annual audit.
- Provide monitoring/oversight of program implementers financial records and reports.
- Provide financial oversight of cost allocations and expenditures for Career Centers and Rural Delivery System offices.
- Assist in the competitive procurement of WIOA and other program subcontractors.
- Attend state-sponsored trainings and/or meetings related to fiscal management.
- Design and modify WDB contracts with program implementers.
- Prepare required plan modifications; submit to DWD as required.
- Assist in the arrangements, expenses, and reimbursements for WDB meetings and WDB/staff travel.
- Maintain relationships and involvements in local, state, regional and national activities that ensure support to workforce development strategies.
- Support the NW WDB Equal Opportunity (EO) Officer as needed.
- Attend required meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Prefer Bachelor’s degree. Will consider Associate.
Experience: Combination of education and work experience;
Skills: Proficient in MS Office products, Internet, email. Manage multiple projects and deadlines.
Certificates and Licenses: N/A
Physical Demands: sitting for periods of time and operating a computer up to 8 hours a day; moving about between the office buildings, NCMC campus, some travel with driving to other locations; ascending and descending stairs.
Environmental Demands: walking indoors and outdoors on tile, carpet, concrete, or blacktop with uneven surfaces; cold and hot weather fluctuations moving in and out of doors.
The NW WDB is an equal opportunity employer with equal opportunity programs. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. NCMC has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by the WDB Director as deemed appropriate due to business necessity.